Effective Saturday, April 18th, with the approval of Department of Public Safety, Greater Tulsa Driving School will be conducting virtual online Driver’s Ed courses for the classroom portion of Driver’s Education. Due to the executive order from Governor Kevin Stitt, we still will not be able to meet in person to do the driving portion of the class, nor be able to administer the driving tests. Defensive Driving classes will continue to be closed until Governor Stitt lifts his executive order. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, and we hope you understand that we are complying with what our State has mandated. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (918) 461-0881 or contact us online.
Respectfully, The Greater Tulsa Driving School
Greater Tulsa Driving School Philosophy
The philosophy of Greater Tulsa Driving School is to teach our students in a friendly, safe and supportive manner.
We want our students to enjoy learning this important life skill.
In Driver Education, we work on the basic skills needed for taking the Oklahoma driving test as well as maneuvering in traffic, proper turns, traffic management, lane changes, moderate traffic, and for students who are ready, freeway driving.
Six hours of behind the wheel instruction is just the beginning. Even though a student can pass a driving test, it does not mean he/she is ready to be ” turned loose.” Parent supervision is very important in these years when young drivers are gaining that valuable experience behind the wheel. Total cost of the course – Drivers Education tuition is $375 (cash, check, or credit card. A convenience fee of 3% will be added to all credit card transactions.)
Greater Tulsa Driving School is now offering the Drive Test at our facility. To schedule your drive test appointment, please call (918) 461-0881. We test 7 days a week.
In Defensive Driving Class we give students the opportunity to reflect upon their own driving and evaluate areas they can improve. The course can be used to fulfill a court requirement, take points off your license or to gain an insurance discount. The cost of the course is $50 payable by cash.
We also offer a Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course.
Greater Tulsa Driving School is a member of:
- Metro Tulsa Chamber of Commerce
- Better Business Bureau
- The school’s instructors are carefully selected and screened. All have college degrees and are state licensed.
- Greater Tulsa Driving School teaches Driver Education, conducts Private Lessons, as well as Defensive Driving.
- We are an Oklahoma state licensed driving school, offering a 16 hour program – 10 classroom hours and 6 behind the wheel hours of instruction for Driver Education and a 6 hour class for Oklahoma Defensive Driving/Driver Improvement.
- The classroom instruction for Driver Education helps to prepare students for the permit test as well as features such topics as “Defensive Driving,” “Zero Tolerance for Drinking and Driving,” and “Road Rage: How Personality Affects Driving.”
- Student drivers are taught the I.P.D.E. system of driving – Identify, Predict, Decide, and Execute.
- Our classroom instruction is held at 5649-A South Mingo, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74146. (Located between 51st and 61ston east side of Mingo)