Greater Tulsa Driving School Philosophy
The philosophy of Greater Tulsa Driving School is to teach our students in a friendly, supportive manner.
We want our students to enjoy learning this important life skill.
In Driver Education, we work on the basic skills needed for taking the Oklahoma driving test as well as maneuvering in traffic, proper turns, traffic management, lane changes, moderate traffic, and for students who are ready, freeway driving.
Six hours of behind the wheel instruction is just the beginning. Even though a student can pass a driving test, it does not mean he/she is ready to be ” turned loose.” Parent supervision is very important in these years when young drivers are gaining that valuable experience behind the wheel. Total cost of the course – Drivers Education tuition is $370 and will increase to $375 effective January 1, 2018 (cash, check, or credit card. A convenience fee of 3% will be added to all credit card transactions.)
In Defensive Driving Class we give students the opportunity to reflect upon their own driving and evaluate areas they can improve. The course can be used to fulfill a court requirement, take points off your license or to gain an insurance discount. The cost of the course is $50 payable by cash.
We also offer a Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course.
Greater Tulsa Driving School is a member of:
- Metro Tulsa Chamber of Commerce
- Better Business Bureau
- The school’s instructors are carefully selected and screened. All have college degrees and are state licensed.
- Greater Tulsa Driving School teaches Driver Education, conducts Private Lessons, as well as Defensive Driving.
- We are an Oklahoma state licensed driving school, offering a 16 hour program – 10 classroom hours and 6 behind the wheel hours of instruction for Driver Education and a 6 hour class for Oklahoma Defensive Driving/Driver Improvement.
- The classroom instruction for Driver Education helps to prepare students for the permit test as well as features such topics as “Defensive Driving,” “Zero Tolerance for Drinking and Driving,” and “Road Rage: How Personality Affects Driving.”
- Student drivers are taught the I.P.D.E. system of driving – Identify, Predict, Decide, and Execute.
- Our classroom instruction is held at 5649-A South Mingo, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74146. (Located between 51st and 61ston east side of Mingo)